2011年6月1日水曜日

Silicon steamer

Recently, I bought a Silicon Steamer which is much talked about.

It was on a bargain sale, so I could get it easily!!




Using it, the dish can be healthy because we don't have to use oil and we just steam.


I tried some times, and found that it is really easy to cook and it doesn't take much times.


Those are the reasons why it is popular.




Here are the examples which I cooked by using Silicon Steamer.


Chawan-mushi; a custard-like dish containing shrimp, chicken, mushrooms, vegetables, etc., steamed in a cup.


1. Prepare the ingredients what you want to contain.

Usually, shrimp, chicken, shiitake mushrooms, carrot,ginkgo nut

2. Put them in the Silicon Steamer.

3. Mix eggs with soup stock (fish). Eggs:Soup stock=1:3

Make sure you mustn't whip the eggs

4. Filter the liquid.

5. Pour No.4 on the Silicon Steamer.

6. Cover the lid and cook in a microwave oven about 1 minute.

(the time depends on the oven)



Steam chicken, cabbage and shimeji mushroom

with soy sauce, sake, mirin, sugar and dashi.

The chicken became very soft and collagen-like!

I recommend using chicken for steam.




Still, I am a beginner of Silicon Steamer cooking.

If you have it, please tell me about your cooking using Silicon Steamer.



In the end, to tell the truth, it smells little like rubber.

It may be my steamer is not regular one.

So, please pay attention that the steamer is real or not when you buy it.

3 件のコメント:

  1. Hello!!! Mika. ;D
    I love using sillicon steamer. I often use it when I need to boil vegetables or cook soup. :D
    It's useful and easy to wash. This is a perfect friend of cooking. ;)
    You can even make a cake with it. just put mixed ingredients and ...ting♪

    Actually I am wondering to cook curry with sillicon steamer. If I could be successful, I will tell you how to cook. ;D
    Thanx.
    Nana

    返信削除
  2. I like to do cabbage rolled in pork with a ume-boshi. It's really good :0) I love cooking with this steamer because I don't have to use any heat in my kitchen, so this is my best friend in the summer when it's too hot to turn on my oven or stove!

    返信削除
  3. Hello.
    I really want to get sillicon steamer!
    I can't buy it because it is little expensive for me.
    There are many dishes which we can cook with it:)
    If you cook new dish, please introduce on your blog.

    返信削除